[Announcement] Manchester United v Bournemouth rescheduled for

Manchester United’s postponed Premier League match against Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday, May 17 at 8pm, the Premier League has announced.

A security alert in the stadium’s north west quadrant led to spectators in the Stretford End and Sir Alex Ferguson stand being evacuated prior to kick-off on Sunday, before the remaining fans were told to follow, being told the match ‘had been abandoned due to a security alert’.

Relive how a dramatic afternoon unfolded off the pitch at Old Trafford

Bomb disposal experts then carried out a controlled explosion on a suspect package just after 4.30pm.

A Premier League statement read: “We can confirm that today’s abandoned fixture between Manchester United and AFC Bournemouth will be played on Tuesday 17 May at 8:00pm.

“We would like to thank Manchester United’s staff, the police and other emergency services for all their efforts today as well as rearranging the match for this coming Tuesday.

Fans make their way out of the ground having been asked to evacuate
Fans make their way out of the ground having been asked to evacuate

“Both Manchester ‎United and AFC Bournemouth’s management has been extremely helpful in reaching a swift resolution, which is the best possible given today’s events.”

United confirmed just before midnight on Sunday that Sunday’s tickets will be refunded and free entry given to the rearranged game.

A further statement read: “Any supporters who would have accessed the stadium with their Season Card or Membership Card on Sunday will be able to do so again, and supporters with paper tickets can use them again too, all free of charge.

“Replacement paper tickets can be issued and can be reprinted at Ticketing & Membership Services on Monday or Tuesday. Fans who come to the stadium to do this on Tuesday are advised to arrive early please to avoid queues.”

Geoff Shreeves reports form the ground after the game is called off
Geoff Shreeves reports form the ground after the game is called off

The issue of a re-arranged date for the fixture was further complicated by Manchester United’s involvement in the FA Cup final against Crystal Palace next Saturday, May 21.

It is understood a number of Eddie Howe’s Bournemouth squad had booked holidays for Monday but it is believed now they will be remaining in the region until Tuesday.

H/T Sky Sports